[Tigers] Brake Issue

coolvt at aol.com coolvt at aol.com
Fri Jun 25 16:47:29 MDT 2021

Sounds like you've found your problem.  Good luck and enjoy once you're back on the road.

In a message dated 6/25/2021 5:59:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, tigers at autox.team.net writes: An update on my master cylinder issue.  I dug out the original master cylinder that came with the car and I tore it apart and compared it to the cheap replacement I bought a couple of years ago.  All of the internals look to be the same except for the piston.  The original piston has a very deep depression where the push rod fits and the cheap replacement has a very shallow depression.  I did some more searching and found a discussion on the SAOCA website ( http://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/brake-master-cylinder-issue.25568/ ) that describes exactly what I am seeing.  I'm betting that the master cylinder I bought is either for an older Alpine or some other British car.  I have a new one on order from Sunbeam Specialties. Thanks,Joe Brown