[Tigers] Distributor curves FYI

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Fri Jun 25 07:08:23 MDT 2021

The C40F-A distributor was replace by the Z5TF-C distributor - I believe the
Z5TF-C ID# is Tiger engine specific.

I have always guessed that the advance curves for these distributors were
similar.

I even asked Bob Mannel his thoughts and he stated the 2 distributors should
have similar advance curves.

Now, I can say for sure the advance curves for these 2 distributors are near
identical and follow the advance curve listed in the Sunbeam Shop Manual.

Big thanks to Allan Wilson for sending me his distributor report; he had a
C40F-A and Z5TF-C distributors tested and the curves are near identical.

Ron Fraser