[Tigers] Brake Issue

coolvt at aol.com coolvt at aol.com
Thu Jun 24 15:00:19 MDT 2021

If cracking a line anywhere up to the MC releases the brakes, sounds like the problem is in the MC.  Kit to rebuild is cheap.  Also, on a long shot be sure the brake pedal is returning to it's original spot.  Sounds like something is binding either in the MC or the pedal.

In a message dated 6/24/2021 4:39:24 PM Eastern Standard Time, tigers at autox.team.net writes: Hey, I'm scratching my head over an issue I'm having with my brakes.  This actually started last year and I'm just now trying to sort it out. Basically, after pumping the brake pedal a few times the front brakes lock up (only the fronts).  If I crack open either bleed screw they free up.  In fact, cracking open the line anywhere going back to the master cylinder frees up the brakes. I have bypassed the booster, replaced all of the rubber lines and rebuilt the calipers.  This seems to leave the master cylinder.  I disconnected the brake line from the master cylinder and put a short line on it that feeds back into the master cylinder reservoir so I could bleed any air out of it.  That all seems to work okay. So, I'm looking for other ideas.   Thanks,Joe Brown _______________________________________________

tigers at autox.team.net