[Tigers] Tiger eplacement carb and alternator Questions

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Sat Jul 17 18:25:42 MDT 2021

Folks, my question has taken on a life of it's own. And in a direction I
wasn't needing to go, lol.

What I was hoping for was owners who had decided to replace the carb with a
high tech unit, one of those EFI units that looks like a carb. An owner who
had decided to select one, buy it, and get it going. Then for experiences on
how hard it was to select (and what the criteria was), install it , how
programming it for the tiger engine might have been, how is fuel economy,
enjoyability in driving, and so forth.

Remember me? I am the guy who took an old Alpine, that was headed to the
crusher and turned it into the worlds fastest sunbeam, with a turbo charged
Ford 306 CID fuel injected LSR car. I hacked up an old 1989 Ford Mustang
harness, bought a tuner chip system (TweecerRT), made it work and it ran
like a banshee.  I am not a noob looking for basic EFI stuff although it is
probably good info for those who want to use a SEFI system in their cars. I
wuz looking for simpler and cheaper, lol. With how well it seems to
function. I live in Pahrump and may have the only Tiger in this particular
area of the planet.

I do want to say thanks to all who have replied, no matter the direction, I
read 'em all!

Sorry for the confusion on what I was  seeking.

The race engine used 65 lb/hr injectors that I have misplaced. anybody know
where they are, lol.. 8 of them are hiding from me.

Again, sorry for the confusion and thanks to the many who did reply!

Larry

TWFS designer, builder , fabricator, driver