[Tigers] Steering rack

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Mon Aug 24 15:21:08 MDT 2020

Wanting something better than plastic zip ties to secure the boots I
ventures to the world of hose clamps. You are correct most are too wide.
I scoured through Pick Your Part and found certain BMW clamps (left in
image) from the 80's/90's to not only be narrow enough, but also have a
slight bevel on the edge. That said it was still a search to find the
clamp in an appropriate diameter. I used these on my Tiger rack. I'd
assume the midget rack boots are similar. Sorry I can't tell you the
year/model and location the clamps were used but hopefully it helps with
your search. Photo for comparison.