[Tigers] Distributor -> Oil Pump Shaft

R Flynn flynnr2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:47:58 MDT 2020

In trying to replace the distributor after changing my intake manifold on
the ‘65 289 in my Tiger, I am struggling to get it to slide down over the
oil pump shaft, which seems to be leaning over.
- tried jiggling the rotor
- tried turning the crank with a ratchet while applying gentle pressure to
the distributor, though I was doing both
- tried using a long socket & extension to put the oil pump shaft itself in
different orientations

My next attempts will involve
- having someone else push down while I turn the crap with a ratchet
- trying to pack some grease around the shaft with a screwdriver prior to
inserting the distributor to keep the oil pump shaft more centered

Would welcome any suggestions, solutions, or words of wisdom.

Cheers in advance,

Rick

--
rick