[Tigers] Convertible Top's Plastic Window

michael king michael.s.king at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 03:18:59 MST 2019

A big reason that they all have plastic windows is quite obvious by the
shot of the very early volks convertible... they have a VERY small rear
window and the tops folded down like a pram sitting on the back of the car.

While some modern cars have split glass rear windows in the tops so the
glass can fold into a smaller space.. glass generally needs to remain flat
and not be forced into a small space when folded.

You could probably make a Sunbeam with a zip-out window like some MX5's
(miata) or some other more modern convertibles... but size, folding
mechanism and likelihood of impact are main reasons they are not often used.

--
Regards

Michael King