[Tigers] top loader 4 speed wide ratio

Dave Munroe dave at munroe.ca
Sat Apr 20 12:20:31 MDT 2019

I have a Hurst shifter linkage on my transmission, and after 17 years and
~45K miles, never had this happen. I am no expert, but I rebuilt the
transmission with parts from David Kee. The first and only car transmission
I have ever built. But I have done a lot of motorcycle transmissions, so
not completely unfamiliar with gears, shafts and bushings. Therefore I
think this problem is in the stock shifter linkage. What about the reverse
lockout parts inside the shift lever - could these parts possibly need a
cleaning and some lube, or perhaps some new parts?  Interesting problem...

Dave