[Tigers] dual circuit master cylinder options?

Gary Winblad garywinblad at comcast.net
Tue Apr 16 14:50:23 MDT 2019

I put in a mid '80s(?) or '70s(?) Ford Courier(Mazda) truck tandem
master back 20 years ago.
I forget the exact details but pretty sure I used the adjustable plunger
that used to come with Sunbeam Specialties replacement
stock master cylinders.  I think I rounded the push end an just put it
into the Courier cylinder.  To prevent it from falling out
I was able to limit the possible rearward pedal movement by putting a
stopper bolt in a hole that is in the stock pedal bracket.
The Courier bore is 3/4in and results in perfect pedal effort without a
servo.  I have stock front brakes and Dale's old rear disc kit
using Fiat 124 calipers, Dale's carbon pads.
I had Paul Reisentz install the brake lines, he used a few hydraulic
line adapters and new lines.
I added a mechanical brake light switch above the pedal too.
Has worked great for 20 years.
Photos attached (I hope)
Gary