[Tigers] Windshield shipping, FYI

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Sun Apr 14 18:59:39 MDT 2019

I feel your concern. I put a rock through my wife’s Civic side glass using the weed eater a few weeks back. It is not a box it came in. Rather it was simply an envelope. Two thin sheets of corrugated cardboard and a very thin, single layer of bubble wrap covering just the center third of this curved sheet of glass. Somehow it made it from Illinois to So. Cal. without breaking.

  Good to see that your glass arrived safely. Also thankful there is still a windshield available. For many older cars they are rare and expensive. Picture #2 is a transport frame I made so my son could bring two ‘64 Studebaker windshields 400 miles..., without breaking them. I spent hours pulling the rear seats out of his car, gutting the trunk and squeezing every fraction of an inch to get the glass as vertical as possible.  I paid $100 ea. for these difficult to find windshields even though they had scratches and bull's-eyes'.  Otherwise it was $800 (new) for what I was told was “the only one left.”