[Tigers] Bellhousing Dowel Pins

Joe Brown jbbrown1980 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 15:11:49 MDT 2019

Hey,

My stock bellhousing has seen better days and I decided to go with a new
steel one.  I installed it and measured the runout at .007".  According to
the instructions I need to use offset dowel pins to get the bellhousing
within .005".  But I can't find anybody that makes offset dowel pins that
are 3/8" diameter (which is what is in the 260 block).  The "standard" size
for Fords (according to everything I can find on the web) is 1/2"
diameter.

So, does anybody know of a source for offset pins that are 3/8"?
Or should I just live with the .007" of runout I have?
Or should I drill out my block, engine plate and bellhousing to accept the
1/2" pins?

Thanks,
Joe Brown