[Tigers] Is there a easy way to install the cubby liner after everything is installed?

Graham Harlowe gharlowe at comcast.net
Fri Nov 9 16:15:31 MST 2018

Listers –

A cautionary note about loosening the dash to improve access (cubby box, oil pressure line, etc.):   DISCONNECT THE BATTERY!

I started to install a new cubby box and as I got deeper into the project, I realized a little more maneuvering room behind the dash would help.  I removed the screws and pulled slightly outward on the dash.  Somehow, one of the (now free) metal body struts that supports the dash contacted a live positive lug on one of the dash switches.   I forget if it was the ignition or headlamp switch, but I definitely remember the smoking result.  Before I realized what was happening, about a foot of the wiring harness was completely melted.   Installing the cubby box was one of the small finishing touches needed a couple weeks before the TE/AE United in St. Michaels, MD.  I spent most of the next weekend installing a whole new wiring harness.

Just a community service reminder that a non-electrical Tiger project can inadvertently become one.   Play it safe and disconnect the battery.

Best of luck out there…

Graham Harlowe

B382001466