[Tigers] Hemmings article

Michael Wood mwood24020 at aol.com
Thu May 31 12:11:36 MDT 2018

That is a good point and I misspoke. I should have said that, ultimately, the decision by SCCA and many other sanctioning  bodies was that the LAT options were not production line or "factory" options, but fell under the dealer installed category. An equivalent today would be Toyota Racing Development (TRD), where you can order all types of go fast stuff to be installed at the dealer, that even will be reflected on the Monroney (window sticker), but are still seen as "aftermarket".

Where it could have gotten interesting with Rootes would be a project like the Super Tiger. Because of the nature of Rootes as a corporation, I suppose they could have technically had the US manufactured and sourced LAT options shipped to England and installed at the factory. But, I'm not sure whether the Super Tiger ever really was "produced" or was simply a marketing exercise by Garrad?