[Tigers] Hemmings article

Taylor, Matthew MTaylor at ea.com
Thu May 31 09:57:15 MDT 2018

Hi Mike.  I don’t believe this statement to be true:

“SCCA and other auto racing organizations never recognized the parts as OEM or "stock".”

I believe SCCA allowed the factory options in 65 and 66, and then disallowed them in 1967 most likely due to protests from deeper pocket organizations.  If you look at page 92 of the 1965 SCCA Production Car Specifications the approved equipment includes many factory LAT options.

Also, the AHRA allowed all factory options as evidenced by the factory drag Tiger winning both World and National Championships in 1965 and 1966 respectively, and holding the record for its class for three years.

Matthew