[Tigers] Brake project, painting the discs

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Thu Mar 1 17:19:02 MST 2018

Jim

                Put the frozen calipers in a bucket of ATF and let them soak – they will free up – pull or cut the rubber boots off first so the ATF can soak in – if you can pump some ATF behind the pistons do that to.

I have painted the center sections on other discs with out problems.   You just have to remember that the rotors get hot so you need heat resistant paint or caliper paint in a thin coat.

Ron Fraser