[Tigers] Lower Brake Master Cylinder Nut

Richard Bruner gammaman at mokancomm.net
Fri Jul 13 08:55:22 MDT 2018

I'm trying to replace the brake master cylinder on my 1966. I've spent
three days trying to loosen the lower master cylinder retaining nut.
I removed the cowl to fender brace trying to gain better access.
I've tried wrenches, sockets, distributor wrenches, swivels, flexible
shafts.  I've tried it from inside the car as well.  I can get a
wrench or socket on the nut, but there is no room to turn either due to
the master cylinder body, clutch master cylinder body and steering
column.  I really don't want to have to remove the steering
column.  Does anyone have any tips or suggestions before I sell the
car?

Richard