[Tigers] Tiger Stopped Running

chuwe at kc.rr.com chuwe at kc.rr.com
Mon Oct 23 19:43:12 MDT 2017

I'm hopeful some folks on the list might be able to point me in the right direction. I'm currently finishing up the restoration on my Tiger and went to move it outside today to create space in the garage to work on the seats. The car started fine, as it always does. But, then it acted as if it were running out of gas and stalled. I checked and I do have gas, the fuel pump is working and gas squirts in the carb. the problem appears to be on the ignition side. It will fire and sputter here and there, but won't run fully. I'm running stock ignition with points. The distributor, coil and ignition wires are new. I did not replace the ballast resistor - it appears to be original equipment. Is there a chance it could be failing? What are the symptoms and is there a good way to test? I realize diagnosis over the internet is difficult, but a couple ideas for me to check would be great. I'm hoping to enjoy a few Fall days in the Tiger before snow flies!
Thank you in advance,
Chris