[Tigers] Anyone built a 4 link rear suspension for their tiger?

daniel doornbos dan_doornbos at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 13 15:43:08 MDT 2017

Stephen, that is a solid endorsement for leaf springs from someone who went all out.  Have any photos uploaded of your set up Griggs racing build?

I've been visually going over the binding bit with standard poly mounts, and can't see how it wouldn't bind, and put abnormal stresses to rotate at frame and rear end mounts and possibly bend things.  And yet, yes to the other comment, you want poly for street ride quality.

I like to learn/copy from others hence asking questions.  For instance TCP has 3 levels of bolt in for classic camero/mustang.  http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/gBar.html.  Links with poly or pivot ball.  What if rod ends were poly at one end (axel) and pivot ball or currie johnny joint the other end (frame)? https://www.summitracing.com/search/product-line/currie-johnny-joint-rod-ends?SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending&tw=johnny&sw=Currie%20Johnny%20Joint%20Rod%20Ends   Seems like that would eliminate binding concerns and allow some vibration adsorbtion.

I've never built this before, not an expert, and am appreciative of the questions and feedback.  All these systems have compromises.  Everyone has a favorite.  In the end though they are just simple geometry and forces.

 BTW someone suggested to talk to Dale, thought his car might be a 4 link.  The photos on his web site indicate it is Leaf, solid traction masters, a torque arm, and a watt's link.  Photo here select "Dale's Black Tiger" http://www.dalesresto.com/Projects/index.php  Seems like both torque arm and solid traction master are redundant, however someone would also say they might be redundant to a really stiff leaf spring as well.

Please continue to provide constructive thoughts or suggestions.
dan