[Tigers] carburetor options

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Thu Mar 23 11:57:15 MDT 2017

A question to those of you who use the Edlebrock carburetor.  You indicate a long number of years and no issues. Have you had accelerator pump problems?  I’ve found the accelerator pump to decrease in function (or fail all together) in a short period of time.  Unlike the Holley diaphragm that cost $3-$4 the Edelbrock pump is $12-$15 and requires removing the top of the carburetor – including all the frustrating linkage gymnastics involved.  Otherwise, yes no leaky bowl gaskets, diaphragms etc. is a great reason to run the Edelbrock.