[Tigers] Auto tranny ????'s

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Thu Aug 31 07:01:41 MDT 2017

Any experience out there with installing a C4 trans in a Tiger?  I have one
on my shop storage shelf and a 5 bolt bell housing to attach it to an early
SBF. I also have a 6 bolt BH as well (I think) and a pile of race motors of
each kind. Have an older 289 5 Bolt with period correct head work and pop up
pisons, hipo crank etc, a 302 Mex block with most of the internals from the
fastest Sunbeam runs on the salt, and a 5 bolt true 260 in the race acr that
would accept the trans.  What's a mother to do, lol.    And a rear end with
soon to have posi and 2.88 gear set. Seems a perfect match to me.

Problems or issues with swapping the HEH for a C4?

Just curious for now.

mayf

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.