[Tigers] Brake light switch

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Fri Aug 11 18:20:49 MDT 2017

I have a number of pressure switch cars and they are all being converted to mechanical switches. The failure rate is high for the pressure switches (especially for cars that sit). As Ron points out if enough pressure isn’t applied you will get braking action with no light indication. In addition to possibly getting rear ended you are also vulnerable to getting tickets.

Jay and I live in the same general area. Warning Jay: I just got a fix-it ticket for a burnt out headlight.  In Calif. fix-it tickets are no longer free. You also pay a $25 dismissal fee for EACH sited aspect. Got window tint on your side/front windows and no front license plate. Those get added to that burnt out bulb and the cost is $75. I was told I could go to the sheriff station “anytime” to have the repair signed off. Well no, not Sunday afternoon. Thankfully there was an officer in the parking lot who kindly made an exception.  Then 7 days past the ticket issue I drove 15 miles to the court to settle the matter.  I was told it had “only been 7 days and my ticket was not yet in the system.” So, now I have to go back - again. Bureaucracy is something else to factor when pondering that slow to respond brake switch!