[Tigers] More Frame questions - with PDF for your viewing

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Fri Sep 2 11:09:47 MDT 2016

Tom

You ask a great question; how accurately were these cars built back then???

Today’s vehicles have a tolerance of + or- 3mm = + or – 1/8” tolerance.

Since many of the Sunbeam Tiger history books imply there was always careful inspection of all aspect of the Tiger build and since Rootes controlled the assembly of the body frame unit; I’m going to say the tolerance was probably similar.   Anything larger then that would leave you with a car that could be difficult to assemble or adjust to manufactures specifications.

That’s how I see it.

Ron Fraser