[Tigers] DW Torque arm with or without Panhard rod?

Stephen Waybright gswaybright at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 18 20:50:15 MDT 2016

I wouldn't think the panhard has any impact on straight line acceleration as it's function is to locate the axle side to side. In cornering, it should prevent lateral shock or flexing, as well as linkage binding you might experience if the leaf springs are providing lateral location. The torque will help acceleration by keeping axle wind up under control under power.
My torque arm is a custom setup for the Tiger by Griggs Racing, but I'd probably go with Dan's kit if I were to do another Tiger. The Griggs suspension also has coil overs in place of the leafs, and a Watts link to replace the panhard rod, so I've never thought about Panhard bar mods. Can the stock leaf spring mounts prevent lateral motion and support sufficient lateral loads in hard cornering? I think I'd rather have a panhard bar (or a Watts link) and let the springs only provide longitudinal location.
Best regards,
Stephen Waybright