[Tigers] testing a tach

Tony Lang achd73 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 21:52:07 MST 2016

  I recently found a Tiger tach in a box of parts, one I think must have come with extras from a Tiger purchase in the past. I presently have the engine/tranny out of my Mk1. I want to sell this tach but feel it should be tested first. I recall the white wire is looped thru the plastic block and reads an impulse signal from the coil. This is where I need some guidance. Knowing I can use any car using a points type distributor, can I run a wire from one side (which + or - ) of the coil to make sure the tach works?TIA.Tony Lang (TtT