[Tigers] Dipstick and oil level report

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Wed Oct 21 12:12:50 MDT 2015

Tom
    It is very hard to say how much oil is still left in the upper engine or
does not drain back.  I would think every engine is slightly different and
that amount should be very small.

With the oil pan at level with 3qt - the fluid level is just about to move
into the rear section of the oil pan @ 4qt - the fluid level has move into
the rear section.
I'm not sure about the volume increase there - I'll add that to the To Do
List - in this case estimate.

One experiment I need to look at is with the pan at 2 degrees down at front
- where is the fluid level with respect to the oil pump pick up screen?
The oil pick up screen is toward the back of the deep sump and tilting the
engine down at front forces oil away from the screen.

Too much oil usually will not hurt you but too little oil will kill the
engine.

Ron Fraser