[Tigers] Tiger oil capacity w/non-stock filter

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Sun Oct 4 19:43:09 MDT 2015

Dave
    It is very possible you do not have the original dip stick.  I'm not
sure I have the original in my engine either.

Parts List 6601334
1224808    Oil Level indicator    NOTE - this is a Rootes part # only
6100734    Oil Level indicator    NOTE - this is a Rootes part # for a Ford
part
C4JZ-6750-A seems to be the Ford part #
There is no indication about when this part change occurred.

Here is an email from David Franchi - 8/12/2004 with some measurements.
The original dip stick & tube measurements are:

Stick - 24 7/16" from the tip to the inside top of the "bell" cover/dust
guard.

Oil "add" mark 1 1/8" from tip, oil "full" mark 2" from tip.

--

Tube - 15 15/16" overall. 14 3/4" from the top of the "stop/seating ring"
(were it goes into the timing gear cover) to the top of the tube. 7 5/16"

--

With the stick installed in the tube, the tip of the stick protrudes 9 1/2"
out of the end of the tube. (measured from the tip of the stick to the

David Franchi

Ron Fraser