[Tigers] Tiger brake master rebuild question

Jim McLaughlin jimmc13 at socket.net
Thu Oct 1 08:32:15 MDT 2015

Jim:
If you have the M/C shown in the WSM, there are 3 seals that should be
changed.  Item #4 is the valve seal goes on the smallest part at the tip of
the internals.  Item #12 goes on the plunger and is quite a bit larger.
Finally, item #14 goes on the back of the plunger to seal the bore on the
M/C.  The seals that have lips must face towards the reservoir, they are
removed by stretching them over the piston or plunger, use a small size hook
tool or tiny screwdriver to remove.  The NEW ones must be put on after
coating with new brake fluid.  Item #11 comes off the main plunger
disconnecting the forward valve stem from the plunger making replacement a
little easier.  Everything must be clean and the bore needs to be scratch
free.  The seals will stretch over the piston or plunger, I use clean fluid
and my fingers to install as you do not want to nick the seals when you
install them.  When you reassemble it should look exactly like the diagram
in the WSM.
Note:  I have just finished rebuilding 3 M/C's and one Clutch master, this
all occurred in the last 4 weeks, be patient work slowly and keep things
clean.  I also rebuilt the wheel cylinders and calipers along with the
booster, everything works great.
Jim McLaughlin
B382000175LRXFE
RHD Series V Alpine w/OD