[Tigers] Availability of Alt bracket for Tiger

snakebit289 snakebit289 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 30 06:52:54 MDT 2015

For those who are now looking for a alternator bracket for a Tiger, two possible sources:
If you're a CAT member, They list one for $119 plus shipping. It's not cast iron, like the original for Mark II - it's aluminum, and mine came with the pivot bolt for the alt, but not the bracket-to-motor mounting bolts
Bill Martin at Rootes Group Depot did offer one of his own design- very close to the original, but not sure what it's made of, I know he said he was having trouble having them made in cast iron, for some regulatory/environmental reasons. Bill's phone # is (650)364-1965 and he's on Pacific Standard Time. I don't know his current selling price.

I tried Mr Franchi's Ford part number with an OEM Ford parts supplier, and they don't show it in stock.
Rande Bellman