[Tigers] Wooden Dash Grab Handle Retrofit

Derek Daily dtdaily at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 14:48:38 MDT 2015

Hi Gents, For reference, what I did...1) Removed original covering and tacks. (NOT easy.  Small clipper pliers to lift tack edges, followed by bent nose.)2) Purchased similar walnut material to grab from OSH (~$6.00)3) Removed wood from NEW dash grab handle to match the rounded shape of original dash via sanding.  (YMMV: in my case, the Prestige shape was too square)4)  Cut and Shaped new wood piece to match original.  (Removing the original piece was requiring more torque than I felt comfortable with)5)  Stained new wood piece to match original.  ("DD, who's going to see this?" I will know...)6)  Weldwood contact cemented wood to dash.7)  Sanded to smooth transition.8)  Contact cement of vinyl covering to entire assembly.9)  Tap holes for tacks, with light hammer on awl.10)  Insert tacks11)  Beer.

DD (CA)Derek Daily
dtdaily at yahoo.com