[Tigers] Windshield - repair or replace?

Jay Laifman jay.laifman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 18:29:29 MDT 2014

I replaced the windshield on my Alpine about 20 years ago.  At that time,
all the available windshields from all the suppliers came from one source.
 And the glass itself was a little bit thinner than the stock glass.  As a
result, the rubber and the stainless did not fit exactly right.  I even had
to trim the stainless to fit again - not something I was remotely pleased
with.

When I did this, I would pop the original glass in with the new rubber and
it would all fit just fine.  It was definitely the thickness.  I remember
asking around, and talking to Rick and he said there were no other sources
at that time.

I don't know if it is any different now.  But one huge warning. Don't dare
buy the rubber from VB.  Actually I don't buy anything from VB if I can
help it.  I've been bitten way too many times with stuff that doesn't fit
right: carpet, rubber, tonneau, servo, etc.

Jay