[Tigers] Simple to get car title

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Mon Apr 28 14:36:50 MDT 2014

Well..., we can avoid the DMV by going to AAA.  My daughter bought a flatbed
trailer to build a Tiny House on.  It was an out of state trailer so...,
yes..., she did have to "bring it in."  We were sweating that because
someone had welded a piece of angle iron over 75% of the first letter.  I
had a long speech and a diagram illustrating how the angle of the remaining
letter had to be an "A" and couldn't be anything else.  Thankfully the woman
at AAA said, "close enough," - before I even had to present the argument.
It probably has something to do with the cars I buy, but I have had to go to
the DMV two to five times with about 85% of the cars I buy.

BTW, what was your plan when he should have asked to see the car?  You
didn't state that!

I hear so many horror stories about California owners and their problems
with Calif. DMV that I thought some of you would appreciate my experience in
another State.  The State is in the southern part of the country and it
will remain unnamed.

I have a vehicle in said southern state and want to register it in
Vermont, but  the car is still  in the south.  So, like most  places Vermont
requires that I have a VIN verification.  I call the local  sheriff's office
and
they say bring the car in. I go into the office with the  verification form
and have much of it filled out.  The only blanks are the  VIN number, the
mileage and the officers signature line.

The officer says that I have to fill out the VIN # and the mileage.  I  do
so and he signs the form and I go out the door. No one ever looked at  the
vehicle.   Now that is what I call a "verification".   Pretty obvious he had
not done it before and had no idea what he was supposed to  be verifying.
Guess he was verifying my word that the vin # was what was  written on the
form.

Eat your heart out you Calif. people who have to deal with DMV  monsters:-)
Mark L