[Tigers] Simple to get car title

CoolVT at aol.com CoolVT at aol.com
Mon Apr 28 14:19:42 MDT 2014

I hear so many horror stories about California owners and their problems
with Calif. DMV that I thought some of you would appreciate my experience in
another State.  The State is in the southern part of the country and it
will remain unnamed.

I have a vehicle in said southern state and want to register it in
Vermont, but  the car is still  in the south.  So, like most  places Vermont
requires that I have a VIN verification.  I call the local  sheriff's office and
they say bring the car in. I go into the office with the  verification form
and have much of it filled out.  The only blanks are the  VIN number, the
mileage and the officers signature line.

The officer says that I have to fill out the VIN # and the mileage.  I  do
so and he signs the form and I go out the door. No one ever looked at  the
vehicle.   Now that is what I call a "verification".   Pretty obvious he had
not done it before and had no idea what he was supposed to  be verifying.
Guess he was verifying my word that the vin # was what was  written on the
form.

Eat your heart out you Calif. people who have to deal with DMV  monsters:-)
Mark L