[Tigers] Fuel pump fix

Jay Laifman jay.laifman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 14:50:47 MDT 2014

Dad always used to talk about how the English wouldn't fix the engineering
problem, only create extra solutions.  For instance, the starter would jam.
 Rather than figure out how to make a starter that wouldn't jam (like the
Germans and Japanese did), the English added a little knob on the starter
that could be turned with a wrench to unjam the starter when needed. Pure
genius.

So, rather than move the fuel pump down low, away from the muffler, and as
close to the fuel tank as possible (or add an impact switch), I've decided
to mount small fan next to the fuel pump that is wired to turn itself on
whenever the engine gets too hot.   Moreover, I'll be extra efficient and
I'll run the power straight from the ignition switch.  Better yet, I won't
even use a ground wire!  I'll mount the fan with sheet metal screws, and
let the screws be the grounds.  Oh, and I'm sure that if the British were
to do this today, they would source the product from the best vendors
equivalent to Lucas.  So I'll be sure to get a Chinese fan as well.

Dad would be most proud.

;-)