[Tigers] Tigers and Mustangs

snakebit289 snakebit289 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 15:48:39 MDT 2014

Mark,
 Just two 1965 Mustangs(one hardtop new, a gift -one 2+2 twenty years
later), one '94 GT, one '96 Mustang SVT, only one Tiger.

I'm not worthy.
My point this morning was not how large a fleet I've had, it was how
successful the Mustang sold, compared to Falcon and the other non-Ford
competition. If buyers themselves thought they were only getting a Falcon with
less interior space but costing more money, Ford couldn't have enjoyed so much
success with Mustang. They bought Mustang on its own merits, mainly style ,
standard equipment, and the ability to transform it with options into a car
that suited their needs.

I think I already covered the Falcon components
earlier. As for the SBF motor guiding the Tiger project, Ron,I'm crediting the
'63 Fairlane V8 and '63 Falcon Sprint V8 with influencing Ian Garrad and the
west coast Rootes team. Mustang wasn't in showrooms yet when the famous
yardstick was brought into a Ford dealer.

Rande Bellman