[Tigers] Tiger Mk II grilles versus the rare Harrington LeMans model with eggcrate grilles

snakebit289 snakebit289 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 07:16:45 MDT 2014

I just assumed that these two models shared the same grille insert, but I just learned from Ian Spencer that they were different, and I'm going to pass along his explanation. While not someone I've met often, he has come to be known as the foremost student of Harringtons (my words) in the States:

from Ian Spencer..."

FYI. The HA grill is not the same as a MKII Tiger. Although similar, it had
much larger egg box openings. It also worked with the stock upper grill
trim, while the MKII had a unique upper grill trim that was designed to
cover the LH & RH sides of the grill openings. The Harrington
eggcrate grill is a unique part to the marque."

To me, one of the most interesting things Ian wrote is the explanation for why the Mark II has a wider grille eybrow moulding than the other two Tiger versions.

Rande