[Tigers] Where to find parts, shifter...

Thomas Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Mon Jun 17 10:26:20 MDT 2013

Theo, I agree with what you have said.  Other than to keep a Tiger perfectly
original I never understood why people continued to use the 1" hub.  It
seems like Rootes/Ford just reversed the hub as a quick way of moving the
fan and pulley away from the radiator.  But given the large desire to
migrate to alternative fans (with 5/8" holes) the 1" hub is no longer a
solution, but a hindrance.    As you have stated there are other, easily
accomplished alternatives to do that.  My Tiger has a 5 bolt 289 with a" who
knows what front cover" and I very much suspect a "generic, one size fits
all" 5/8" water pump. While probably not optimal I do have clearance using
the stock radiator and the yellow Volvo fan. Perhaps with thicker radiators
it is less of an option.

Also, the other day I mentioned the need for the 1" hole if using the stock
Tiger hub.  As Ron pointed out not every fan is a candidate for that
modification.  Foremost in my mind at the time was the posts, and I believe
article on Tigers United, that Steve Laifman did. He retained the stock 1"
hub and modified the Ford Maverick fan to fit.

Tom