[Tigers] Hard Top Trim

Tod Brown todbrown at roadrunner.com
Sat Sep 29 18:57:16 MDT 2012

On 9/29/2012 10:23 AM, Will Seay wrote:
> Wasn't there a workshop at a United a few years ago that included a how-to
> video?
>
> Will Seay 382001570
> wseay at embarqmail.com

Will:

You may be recollecting the United in 2010 in Rockland, Maine.  At that
time, I had just gotten my hardtop painted and thought it might be
instructive to show how to install the rear window, which is what we
did.  Several folks came to see and I learned some things from the
group.  To my knowledge, no one made a video, unfortunately.  I didn't
have the rear stainless then, so that was not addressed.

As to the front weatherstrip, it sounds like you are trying to feed it
in one end and then pulling it all the way through.  In my experience,
and apparently yours as well, that does not work.  You have to take
something like a wide screwdriver or a tongue depressor or similar and,
after inserting the rear bead on the weatherstrip into the metal
channel, force the other bead on the outside into the corresponding
channel on the front, little by little.  It is a tedious process but,
with care, you can get it in.

Tod
B382002384LRXFE