[Tigers] CAT newsletter

rande rande at thecia.net
Sat Sep 15 13:14:04 MDT 2012

For those of you who recently got your copy of Tiger Tales, the CAT newsletter,
July/August 2012, and who weren't able to attend the Reno United 2012, I would
like to clear up something that appeared in that issue.

According to an account, the autocross was held at 'the Reno airport'. I should
clarify that it was NOT held at Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO), but
at Reno-Stead Airport (RTS), the former Stead Air Force Base site, non-scheduled
flight airport, and the site of the annual Reno Air Races each summer.

And, as the Tiger Tales writer already wrote, it was a super event in virtually
every regard. The site of the aforementioned autocross(with no TSA gates to
come crashing down on unsuspecting dark red Tigers), a great Thursday afternoon
buffet at the National Auto Collection(cars from the former Harrah's collection)literally
across the street from the hotel, a rallye that took entrants up over Mount
Rose Pass, and along the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe, down into Carson City, and
ended in historic Virginia City, and a terrific concours site in a Reno park
a very short drive from the hotel. I couldn't think of anything organizer Pat
King could have done differently. Just a terrific time.