[Tigers] 15" Tire Size revisited

genepadgett at comcast.net genepadgett at comcast.net
Mon Jul 23 15:00:07 MDT 2012

Congratulations on getting the car back on the road.

In general those are pretty comfortable size choices for a primarily street driven machine. Just be sure the panasports have the correct backside measurement to fit the wheel wells properly. I do not know if the Hokanson crossmember changes the front track or not. If it does, then the conventional wisdom of what the correct back side measurement should be does not apply.

May I assume you are going with 6 inch rims in front and 7 inch rims in back? The smaller front tire in front does make for easier steering effort and the 6 inch rim, with proper back side measurement is easier generally to fit up front. Obviously with the new cross member, steering should be a lot easier on its own compared with what the rest of us struggle with. Still, the front smaller there is a positive there in its own right as an absolute.

Gene