[Tigers] APOLOGY: Re: Originalit​y: Spare tire and wheel

Jay Laifman jay.laifman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 10:06:37 MDT 2012

Wow.  It looks like I unintentionally set off this absurd firestorm.  So,
I'm truly sorry for offending anyone.  I guess after losing a father this
year, the concept about worrying about "perfecting" pealing paint and
intentionally painting with overspray seemed somewhat inconsequential, up
there with what side of a soft boiled egg to open.  Then again, perhaps
others find that worrying about things like this help take their minds away
from pain, which has a tremendous about a validity too. Either way, I just
thought I was adding something amusing, not having any negative thoughts
about anyone.  I could care less if someone wanted to pursue such work on
their cars - and in fact respect them for doing what they want to do.  More
power to them.  So, I deeply and sincerely apologize.

As to whether I'd pay one penny more for a Tiger with overspray on its
wheels - no way, not for that aspect. HOWEVER, the fact that someone paid
that much attention to that kind of detail probably means they paid great
attention to all other aspects of the car as well.  For that, I would
certainly pay.  So, all in all, I would pay more for a Tiger with overspray
on its wheels.  :-)

Jay