[Tigers] Air cleaner & horsepower

Teepen, Jere jteepen at usatoday.com
Tue Jul 3 17:01:22 MDT 2012

I have a similar set up in my Tiger.  One day I needed an air filter and
housing rather suddenly (another story...) and bought a cheap 9" from Kragen
Auto Parts.  Then, while looking through the Summit catalog, I saw the K&N
filter top.  I bead blasted the cheap chrome base and painted it black to
match the K&N top.  Result?  With the paper filter element that came with the
filter housing and the K&N top there was only a 5 horsepower penalty with and
without the air filter on the chassis dyno.