[Tigers] Air cleaner & horsepower

Teepen, Jere jteepen at usatoday.com
Tue Jul 3 16:37:45 MDT 2012

During one of the CAT Dyno Days a few years ago, we had a Tiger in with a
stock air filter housing and air filter element.  The motor was a crate 302,
supposedly 345 HP.  The car had stock exhaust manifolds.  The car was run with
and without the air filter, this being the only change between the two dyno
runs.  There was a difference of 20 horsepower.  I do not recall what the
horsepower was, but I seem to recall the numbers with the air filter on were
in the 185-195 range.

Jere