[Tigers] flexplate motor to flywheel

Tony Somebody achd73 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 12:09:03 MST 2012

Make sure the right ring gear is on the flywheel and there is another plate
that goes behind the flywheel if memory serves, just a dust plate that the
tranny bolts go thru to the bellhousing. Correct me if I am wrong LIST.
"tigers at autox.tea" <tigers at autox.team.net>
>Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012
11:55 AM
>Subject: [Tigers] flexplate motor to flywheel
>
>Hi gang,
>
>This
may seem like a dumb question but here goes.  If you want to put a 289 that
was hooked to an automatic trans into a car with a manual trans, can you just
swap the flexplate with a flywheel?  I wasn't sure if the engine is typically
balanced by adding or removing material from the flywheel.