[Tigers] [Alpines] Drop Spindles

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Fri Dec 18 11:32:17 MST 2009

Marc
	Lowering a vehicle generally increases the stability of the vehicle
by lowering it's center of gravity.

	Remember the SUV roll over issue.   If you load an SUV inside and on
the roof like many do; the center of gravity moves up and in some cases up
near shoulder height sitting in the vehicle.   If ,in a tight turn, the lean
of the vehicle puts that center of gravity outside the wheel base; the
vehicle will roll over.  Very unstable.

	I suspect the center of gravity on Tigers and Alpines is somewhere
around your hip sitting in the car.  This is a very stable condition for
leaning through corners.   As you increase the speed of the vehicle,
stability becomes even more important.

Does that help?

Ron Fraser