[Tigers] Alpine tie rod ends

Jim jim at island.net
Sat Sep 13 19:39:44 MDT 2008

Gary.

After a whole lot of research,  I've come up with a plan to install a Mazda
power steering rack in the Tiger. The rack will most likely be powered by a
Toyota MR2 electric p.s. pump and a 4QD motor controller . No cutting or
welding required on the car but there has been a whole lot of fabrication,
head scratching and scheming ( not necessarily in that order lol) .
Hopefully it will go in this winter along with a z spec T5 trans.

There's a couple pics of it mocked up on a spare crossmember here.

http://groups.msn.com/431HeronPlace/shoebox.msnw?Page=3

Thanks to all you responded about the tie rods. Dale's kit must be popular.
;)

Jim

  _____