[Tigers] Plates

Stu Brennan stubrennan at comcast.net
Sun Sep 7 20:13:59 MDT 2008

I checked the Massachusetts regulations, and we can use "year of
manufacture" plates, too.  The year on the plate must be the same as the
YOM of the car, or the plate that was current when the car was built.  I
have all the reserved number 5 digit plate the family had back to the
late '50's, so I was thinking about this.

HOWEVER, if you use one of these plates, you are under the "antique car
registration" rules.  You can only drive the car for shows, parades, to
the repair shop, and stuff like that.  For me, it would mean no more
dropping off my daughter at school, taking it to work to show off, runs
to meetings of local volunteer groups, ice cream runs, etc.  Legally, at
least.  Some members of local antique car clubs have been known to turn
in folks they see violating these rules.

So maybe I'll make up a bracket so I can pop the old plate on over my
new one for shows, and remove it for the drive home.

Stu