[Tigers] One wire alt. problem

Ross ross_hulse at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 5 01:04:00 MDT 2008

Tony,

It sounds like you have one side of the bulb tied to un-switched power.

Here is how I wired mine.

B+ goes straight to the battery side of the starter solenoid (all the brown
wires). I used the same brown wire that used to go to the alternator B+.

S goes to keyed power.

L goes to the ignition light bulb on the dash. I used the brown green wire
that already goes to the light from the warning light simulator. The other
side of the light bulb is the white wire that goes to the fuse box for keyed
power.

That's it. By doing that, you remove these three boxes the alternator relay,
control box, and warning light simulator.

Hope this helps.

Ross "Commodore Blues" Hulse

Subject: [Tigers] One wire alt. problem

Recently Ron F.( I think ) posted a drawing to show how he wired his Tiger
when he installed a one wire alternator. His alt. also had a small wire that
went to the idiot light. Mine doesn't. I can make the system charge but the
light wont go off when the key is turned off. I don't have any wires
terminated permanently. The way it is working is by connecting the wires
going to the middle set of points on the voltage reg. the system charges and
the idiot light does go out BUT when I turn the ignition off the light comes
back on- making me have to open the closed circuit that gets things
charging. I emailed Steve Laiffman as I remember there where other
resolutions on the TU website but I couldn't locate the article and Steve
replied it was lost in cyber space as he too was unable to locate it and you
know how good he is at using the search function. Any help would be
appreciated.
regards, TonytheTiger