[Tigers] One wire alt. problem

Tony Somebody achd73 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 15:59:17 MDT 2008

Recently Ron F.( I think ) posted a drawing to show how he wired his Tiger when he installed a one wire alternator. His alt. also had a small wire that went to the idiot light. Mine doesn't. I can make the system charge but the light wont go off when the key is turned off. I don't have any wires terminated permanently. The way it is working is by connecting the wires going to the middle set of points on the voltage reg. the system charges and the idiot light does go out BUT when I turn the ignition off the light comes back on- making me have to open the closed circuit that gets things charging. I emailed Steve Laiffman as I remember there where other resolutions on the TU website but I couldn't locate the article and Steve replied it was lost in cyber space as he too was unable to locate it and you know how good he is at using the search function. Any help would be appreciated.
regards, TonytheTiger