[Spridgets] Oh crap!

Michael MacLean springer.mike51 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 21:53:52 MDT 2023

Took the Bugeye to the dogpark for the third day in a row today.  Parked
the car in the parking lot for a couple of hours. As soon as I started it
up there was a very loud rod knock.  This engine (1275) has less than 3
thousand miles on it.  Engine was punched out to 1330. It has 1.5 rockers,
ARP hardware, head combustion chambers were CC'd. ported/polished, timing
belt conversion, distributor rebuilt by Advanced Distributttor, single
HIF44 carb and Maniflow exhaust. In other words I have dumped a lot of
money in this engine.  I thought I might get a few more miles on it than
this. Crap.
Mile MacLean