[Spridgets] battery types, absorbed glass mat or flooded lead acid

Mike Rambour lists at dinospider.com
Sat Sep 3 10:34:56 MDT 2022

it should say somewhere on the battery if its AGM or not.

  And a AGM battery can be tendered if the tender can do AGM, my tender
has a switch for AGM and non-AGM.  Overnight on a any tender wont hurt a
AGM, months can.

     mike

On 9/3/22 9:17 AM, Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets wrote:
> List,
> Sorry for this repost, but how do I know which battery I have in my
> vehicles, the AGM (absorbed glass mat) or the other such as Group 24
> flooded lead acid? I believe I ate 2 batteries on tenders this past
> winter. I would like to get a small in size, sealed battery for my
> Sprite because I have to remove the hood otherwise. However the
> sealed batteries can't be tender charged because they are sealed. What
> is the group using?
>
> I'm not sure if the batteries I have are any good as this is the first
> week I'm home long enough to check. None of my batteries are sealed.
> Can I assume the type of batteries I have are written on the battery
> or is there another test to determine which type I have?
>
> Let me understand this, the AGM battery cannot be tender charged or
> they will die? But not necessarily sealed?
>
> https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/articles/5-battery-types-explained-sealed-agm-gel.html
>

> Thank you kindly,
> Linda
> 62 California Sprite "Pinky"
>
> --
> "Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

> spridgets at autox.team.net
>
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets   http://autox.team.net/archive

A gun is like a parachute, if you need one but don't have it,
you'll probably never need one again.